Thursday, April 17, 2008

Baseball filled days...

This past week has been quite event filled and it is only half over.  This time of year, when the weather turns warm and baseball is back in the neighborhood, friends come out of hibernation and fun is everywhere.  Tuesday provided me with the chance to do something I have always wanted to check out.  Living in the Windy City has many many benefits.  One of which is the fact that we have two major league baseball teams and only a couple times a year, they actually play in town on the same day.  My good friend Andy and his beautiful wife Bridget called Monday and offered up a ticket for the Tuesday afternoon White Sox game at US Cellular Field.  With the promise of close to 60 degree weather and sunshine, not to mention excellent conversation... I was in.  My old roommate Jim McArdle who is embarking on a fantastic summer as he writes his first novel about the 2008 Chicago Cubs joined in as well.  We hopped on the Red Line and 45 minutes later were sitting in the outfield, eating a polish sausage and enjoying the game.  

Later that evening, after taking care of my rooftop photography duties on the northside, I joined my friend Chris Karnak (of "Chasing October" fame) inside Wrigley for the second game of the day.  Two baseball games, two sides of town, one day!  Not only that, but the Cubs played amazing and I finished out the day with drinks at Trace with some friends.  To cap off the perfect baseball day and welcome to summer in Chicago, as I was walking the short distance back to my apartment around Wrigley, Lou Pinella, the manager of the Cubs was leaving the ballpark and I got a quick picture with him.  Random, but the perfect end to a baseball day... 

Not the best photo... but hey, it works right.  Today I did a photo shoot for three new homes, each valued at over a million dollars.  Also my friend Dave was on "THE BIG IDEA" on CNBC... so look for stories on those soon, million dollar dreaming will be the title there.  In the meantime, I am done for the day.  Enjoy.  And say hello... thank you to everyone who has offered up feedback lately on my new website!  It is a HUGE help.

No comments:

Post a Comment