Wednesday, June 18, 2008

the book pt. 2

So a week ago, I visited Alta Vista for the first time and was blown away by the size of the printer and the process I was about to undertake.  Little did I know what I was getting myself into.  Over the past week I have had to create and edit the final pages for what will become my book.  Insane.  At one time, I was thinking the book would be around 160 pages... then it went to 128 and now we are at a final # for pages locked in at 112.  The amazing thing is that at 112... it is still a very substantial heavy book.  I got the Proofs late Friday afternoon and I can't believe how real this project is becoming.  Wow.  

I have been working with Jason at Alta Vista and he is a whiz on the computer.  He has taken my designs and pages and made them look spectacular.  I am going to owe him and Jenny who has been babysitting this project a TON when this is done.  

We decided to add a spot varnish to the images to make them JUMP off the page.  That adds a second layer of plates to every printing page and Jason has been working full time on this to lay it out and make sure each and every page will look and feel just as we want.  Thank you.  

No comments:

Post a Comment