Thursday, March 19, 2009

Cubs Spring Training in AZ, John Mayer's Cruise and Europe in May!

Lots going on right now... just trying to find the time to stay on top of everything! Let me first say that I picked up my good friend Jim McArdle's new book LIVING THE DREAM and it looks excellent. I was lucky enough to do some of the photography for the book including the cover as seen here. Pick up a copy today!

I am leaving for Cubs Spring Training in Arizona this weekend. I will be out in Mesa with a group of fans from The Heckler and some friends including comedian Scott Derenger who will be doing some comedy shows throughout the weekend. If you are around AZ, please say hello and let's catch up! Baseball is here... Let's have some fun in the sun! I will also have copies of my book WE ARE CUBS FANS if you want to pick up a copy or 6.

From Arizona, I will be heading further west... to Hollywood for a couple days, before getting on the Carnival Splendor for the John Mayer cruise... the Mayercraft Carrier with John Mayer, OAR and Guster. This is cruise #5 of the year for me through Sixthman and I am very excited to see the Pacific and head down to Cabo as I have heard great things.

On another note, I just launched today a website for my next adventure I am planning for May... a trip to Europe for charity and photo assignments: http://www.willseuropeanadventure.com

The idea is this.... 10 years ago this year, I took Amtrak 14,000 miles around the USA and Canada over 24 days. Now it is time to see the rest of the world... One step at a time - This May, I am planning a trek across the pond and beyond. From May 17th till June 5th I will visit Europe and I want you to send me on assignment! I will backpack around Europe, taking pictures that you suggest and photographing shows along the way by the Counting Crows and The Hold Steady - together in England, AC/DC in Vienna, Austria and Bruce Springsteen in Finland.

As a professional photographer, I often sell my original images from the world I see. This time, you get to suggest photos you might like for me to capture. I will be posting my schedule as it is planned... and you can offer suggestions for photo shoots I should aim for. I can’t promise to get every shot, every time... but I will do my best. At the end of the trip, I will have a large gallery of images from which you can choose or any of my other original photos.

For a $20 donation in advance... you can make a selection at the end of the journey from my gallery of a free 8x10 print. I will be blogging, twittering and updating galleries along the way
so you can follow me every step of the way throughout Europe.

A % of every advance purchase will be donated to one of my favorite charities called Imerman Angels (http://www.imermanangels.org/) - where they connect people who have cancer with people who had cancer.

More details will be posted soon along with a new website. Please feel free to contact me with any ???

Until next time... enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment