Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Europe here I come...

I'm going to Europe May 17-June 5th! Send me on assignment! Get an 8x10 for a $20 donation & a % goes to charity! Go to my website for more details: http://www.willseuropeanadventure.com!

Here are the basics:
The idea is this.... 10 years ago this year, I took Amtrak 14,000 miles around the USA
and Canada over 24 days. Now it is time to see the rest of the world...
One step at a time - This May, I am planning a trek across the pond and beyond.
From May 17th till June 5th I will visit Europe and I want you to send me
on assignment! I will backpack around Europe, taking pictures that you suggest and
photographing shows along the way by the Counting Crows and The Hold Steady
- together in England, AC/DC in Vienna, Austria and Bruce Springsteen in Finland.

As a professional photographer, I often sell my original images from the world I see.
This time, you get to suggest photos you might like for me to capture. I will be posting my
schedule as it is planned... and you can offer suggestions for photo shoots I should aim for.
I can’t promise to get every shot, every time... but I will do my best. At the end of the trip,
I will have a large gallery of images from which you can choose or any of my other original photos.

For a $20 donation in advance... you can make a selection at the end of the journey from my gallery of a free 8x10 print. I will be blogging, twittering and updating galleries along the way
so you can follow me every step of the way throughout Europe.

A % of every advance purchase will be donated to one of my favorite charities called
Imerman Angels (http://www.imermanangels.org/)
- where they connect people who have cancer with people who had cancer.

(I have been told this works best in Safari, Firefox or the latest versions of IE - You can also send a donation directly to my paypal account at will@willbyington.com)

Use the PAYPAL button to contribute $20 and get a free 8x10 photo from my galleries after the trip! You can request an assigned photo and while I am

in Europe, if time and planning permits - I will use my photographic eye and try to get your desired shot. If I am unable to capture your suggested shot, you still get to

pick out an image from my online galleries. There is no money back and as mentioned - a % of money donated will be given to a charity of my choice.

PLANS AS OF MAY 12, 2009


SUN - 5/17 - FLY to London, United Kingdom via Virgin Airways

MON - 5/18 - Counting Crows and The Hold Steady in Bournemouth, UK - 2 hours from London. Venue: Bournemouth International Centre

5/19 & 5/20 and day of 5/21 - Amsterdam

5/22 & 5/23 - Prague


SUN - 5/24 - AC / DC in Vienna, Austria at Venue: Ernst Happel Stadion.

5/25 till 6/1 - still planning.... but as of now thoughts include Rome, Barcelona, Paris and maybe Switzerland or Sweden


TUES - 6/2 - Bruce Springsteen & E Street Band in Tampere, Finland Venue: Ratinan Stadion

6/3 & 6/4 - Travel back to London, UK


FRI - 6/5 - FLY from London, United Kingdom to Chicago, IL via Virgin Airways

1 comment:

  1. Will this sounds awesome man. I left my wallet at home today but I'll be throwing in 20. Just get me a good picture!

    ReplyDelete